Spanish Placement Exam
HBU Spanish Placement Tests provide well-prepared students with an opportunity to qualify for a Spanish course for which they would not otherwise be eligible. Note that course credit will NOT be awarded for any course based on the results of these tests; they simply provide students with the opportunity to qualify for a more advanced course without the necessity of taking one or more lower level courses first.
Students are eligible to take any Spanish course for which they have completed the course prerequisites as listed in the HBU Catalog or shown in the following table with grades of C or higher or for which they have passed a Spanish placement test.
IMPORTANT: The placement test results only indicate which course or courses a student is eligible to take. Students should always consult with their academic advisors to see which Spanish courses they need to take for their specific major or program requirements.
Heritage Spanish Credit by Examination is a test that grants students credit based on prior proficiency in Spanish. Students who are proficient in Spanish to previous study or native ability may pursue a Spanish major or minor on the Advanced Spanish track. To be in this track students are required to take the Spanish Heritage Exam at the testing center.
Prerequisites for Courses Covered by the Spanish Placement Tests
|SPAN 1324||SPAN 1314|
|SPAN 2314||SPAN 1324|
|SPAN 2324||SPAN 2314|
Students who wish to enroll in Spanish courses should take the Spanish Placement. The outcome of the test may result in placement into one of the following courses: Elementary Spanish I (SPAN 1314); Elementary Spanish II (SPAN 1324); Intermediate Spanish I (SPAN 2314); Intermediate Spanish II (SPAN 2324) or courses at the 3000 level. For more information about this test, email Dr. Bermejo at ebermejo@HBU.edu.
When you register for a test through Registration Blast, you will be able to select a date and time that the exam is offered.
Abbreviation: SPANPT – Spanish Placement Test
Closed Test Dates: Test dates are taken offline when the registration deadline (one day before the test) is past. See standby information below for further information.
- There is no fee for taking a Spanish placement test.
- Make sure you know your HuskyNet User ID Number (H#). It is required for registration. (I don’t know my HuskyNet User ID Number)
- Include a valid email account
- An ID number will be emailed after you register.
- You will need to use the emailed ID number to access the Spanish Placement.
- Register online now!
Test Day Instructions
- You may take Spanish Placement from any computer on the day you registered for.
- Spanish Placement will be available from 8 am to 5 pm.
- If you have any issues on the day of the exam please contact Dr. Bermejo at 281-649-3677 or ebermejo@HBU.edu