Education Practice State Exams
These tests are only open to HBU Education students who have been admitted into the HBU Education Program. These tests also qualify students to take state TExES exams for both undergraduates and graduate certifications.
The Education Practice exam are now being given via Certify Teacher. (With the EC-12 Art being the only exception as it is not on Certify Teacher). To access Certify Teacher you will need to contact Dr. Durand (281-649-3036) for account set up. These tests also qualify the students to take the TExES exams for both undergraduate and graduate certifications.
Certify Teacher offers modules to prepare for the state of Texas educational tests, practice test opportunities, and test review. (To review the EC-12 Art exam you will need to set up a date via the Testing office via email email@example.com)
Registration is due at least 48 hours before the administration date. Check for additional testing dates that will be added during the semester. Cost of registration is $11:50. Register online
Are now accessible through your Certify Teacher account. (EC-12 Art will be accessible through the COEBS office)
Registration and Payment
Deadline to register: 48 hours before exam.
When you register for a test through Registration Blast, you will be able to select a date and time that the exam is offered.
Arrive 30 minutes prior to exam start time for check-in.
- Testing Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Non-expired, government issued photo ID or current HBU Student ID is required
- Be sure you have read and understood the Test Center Policies found on the HBU Testing website: hbu.edu/testing
- Prohibited items in Testing Room: cell phones, all watches, recording devices; calculators, flash/thumb drives, backpacks, bags
- No food or drink are allowed; except water in a clear bottle with the label removed.
You will need to bring:
- Gov’t issued photo identification or HBU identification card
Register online now!
Preparation Materials for TExES
Candidates can directly access information, as well as the most current preparation resources, for the new Core Subjects/Generalist EC–6 (291) and 4–8 (211) tests. Visit the Texas Education Agency.
You may also use:
- T-Cert ( http://pact.tarleton.edu/tcert) for $30.00 for a 60 day access fee; you will need to have your TEA number to get in.
- Certify Teacher (https://www.certifyteacher.com/) for about $55.00.
- There are some review materials available in Hinton 204 Computer Lab. Check with your Academic Advisor for access to these materials. These materials may be used at no cost.