COVID-19 Update: The HBU testing center is opened for testing with limited seating. If you are looking to have an exam proctored please contact the Testing office by email (Testing@hbu.edu) or register for the exam below.
NOTE: As per the current State and County guidelines all testers are required to wear a face covering to be admitted into the testing office.
Testing Services provides a secure, professional, supervised testing environment to meet individual, University, and community assessment needs.
Testing Center Hours of Operation: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. (Closed on the weekends)
The testing office is located on the ground floor of the Moody Library in room 121. The Moody Library is building 14 on the campus map. Test takers may park in any of the parking location not designated as faculty or Staff parking. Campus Map
The testing office provides lockers for the testers to place their personal items within while testing. It is strongly recommended that the testers only bring those items needed for the exam and leave all other valuable items within their homes/vehicles while testing.
NOTE: The Houston Baptist University Testing Office is not responsible for Lost or Stolen items.
There are the dates and Times for exams given by the HBU Testing Center: See the Testing Calendar
Institutional testing is currently offered for the following exams:
- HBU Admission / Placement Exams: ALEKS, Accuplacer, Spanish Heritage Speakers Exam
- American College Testing (ACT) Residual Exam
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Individually Proctoring Exams
- Nursing Exams (HESI A2 and ATI TEAS)
- Texas Higher Education Assessment (iBT THEA):
- If you are an HBU professor who wants to schedule an exam through the HBU testing office, please complete the following form and send it to us along with the copy of the test. Faculty Proctoring Request Form with instructions You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to our office in the Moody Library.
Request for Accommodations
Follow this protocol PRIOR to registering for an exam:
- Read the information on the university academic accommodations web pages.
- Follow appropriate steps listed for receiving accommodations.
- Contact the Disability Services Coordinator via email at email@example.com
- AFTER completing this process you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate the test you wish to take and test date.
- All examinees requesting academic accommodations for testing at HBU must first go through this procedure to be considered for appropriate accommodations, whether examinee is an HBU student or not.
- Testing with accommodations may require a special appointment, so do not register for your test until/unless Testing Services has indicated to do so.
Testing Services is closed if the University is closed due to weather conditions or other emergencies. To see if HBU is closed due to an emergency, check at HBU.edu/alerts. Examinees scheduled for a test date that is cancelled due to university closing will be able to reschedule their exam.
Member of National College Testing Association and Consortium of College Testing Centers.