What is the QEP?
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a document developed by the institution, as part of the University’s reaccreditation process. This plan:
- Includes a process identifying key areas of student achievement emerging from the University’s ongoing planning and evaluation process
- Focuses on enhancing the student learning outcomes or student achievement articulated in the mission of the institution
- Demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP
- Includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP
- Identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
How is the QEP developed?
The institution has charged HBU’s QEP Development Committee togather information from the University community to identify areas where student achievement enhancement would most impact HBU students, review the Request For Proposals (RFPs) submitted by the University community, narrow the scope to 2 or 3 for final consideration and then select the final topic for the next QEP. Once it is time to implement the new QEP there will be a QEP Implementation Committee with expertise in the field chosen, to see the project through to fruition for the next five years.
What is the timeline for the QEP development?
QEP development will take place between January 2019 through Spring 2021. Deadline for submission of Request for Proposals (RFP) IS April 29, 2019.
If my RFP is selected, am I the one who will be leading the project for the next 5 years?
No, please do not assume, if your idea is selected that you will suddenly be charged with the implementation. When it is time to launch the new QEP we will have an Implementation Committee that will be charged with seeing the project through to fruition. That committee will be selected based on the topic selected. It is possible for you to serve on this committee.
Hasn’t HBU done a QEP before?
Yes! HBU submitted it’s previous reaffirmation in 2012 and had it’s first QEP, Writing for Wisdom, approved. The Impact Report of this QEP was submitted, and received special commendation for this report with its 5thYear Report in 2017. HBU’s next reaffirmation report will be submitted in September of 2020 and a proposal for HBU’s second QEP will be included in this document.
Student Representatives: Taylor Kolllmorgen, Jessica (Tran) Nguyen, Sidney Salazar, Andre Walker