Safety Education & Crime Prevention
Some of the ways which you can help are:
- Participate in Operation ID
- Learn about Protecting your Identity
- Take advantage of the Crime Prevention Presentations given around campus. If you would like to know the time and location of the next presentation, contact the University Police Department.
- Report any suspicious activity by contacting the University Police Department, call on the Emergency Call Boxes, or stop by the Police Department located on the ground floor, south end, of the Hinton Center.
- Allow us to be of service to you. Please call us if you have a concern. Also, we may be able to provide an officer escort to your vehicle or Residence College, especially at night.
- If you have fears for your personal safety or that of your personal property, talk to the Chief of HBU Police or one of the other officers.
- If there is an emergency, remain as calm as possible, call extension 3911 and give the dispatcher the facts as completely as possible. Make sure you give your name, location, and the nature of the emergency. Don’t hang up when the conversation is over until the dispatcher hangs up. Remain calm and encourage others to remain calm.
- Report any theft, no matter how minor, to the Police Department.
- Read, understand, and abide by the parking and vehicle regulations. More than anything, they are written to protect you and your property. We hate to write tickets, please don’t make us!
- Communicate with us. You will find that the HBU Police can be a positive contributor to your education
- Learn about Vehicle and Bike Safety
- Texas Public Sex Offender Registry
Campus Emergency Call Boxes
HBU’s security system includes numerous emergency call boxes located in different areas on campus. They are generally identified by a blue light on top. These call boxes are available in an emergency situation. As soon as the button on the call box is PUSHED, the University Police are alerted and will respond through the speaker on the call box. See the campus map PDF for location of call boxes.
To REPORT ALL EMERGENCIES (including medical) CALL EXT. 3911 on a campus telephone or DIAL (281) 649-3911.