Undergraduate Admissions Receptionist
|Job Title:||Undergraduate Admissions Receptionist|
|Departments:||Enrollment Management, Admissions|
|Reports To:||Director of Recruitment/Director of Admissions|
The Receptionist for Undergraduate Admission is responsible for providing administrative receptionist support to the department. Typical duties include greeting visitors for interviews and group information sessions or tours of the campus, you will create signage, answer phones (screen, direct and handle information requests), and complete data entry for admissions.
We will look for someone in this role who is able to keep to a rigid time schedule and someone who is comfortable with heavy phone contact, including incoming and outgoing calls. You will maintain the office voice mail accounts and take messages as needed, as well as order supplies for the Admission’s lobby to keep a neat visitor center.
- Answers multiple inbound phone lines, assesses the needs of the caller and transfers the call to the appropriate individual &/or department on campus in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Responsible for greeting visitors/guests/students of the Admission’s welcome center (Husky Central) in a courteous and professional manner; determines their needs and either provides the appropriate information or directs them to the appropriate person or department.
- Sort incoming mail/email and distribute to proper person in office.
- Data entry into our Campus SLATE CRM
- Enters appropriate student information into the inquiry/application database using the student tracking software.
- Schedules and coordinates all appointments with prospective students for Admissions Counselors.
- Receives and reroutes the incoming correspondence to Admissions & Recruitment including all e-mail sent to admissions@HBU.edu as well as all traditional and interoffice mail.
- Other duties as assigned based upon the special qualifications of the individual and needs of the office.
- May assist with the supervision of office student workers.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Minimum one year of experience in a high volume office setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and data entry experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to learn and use specific business software and hardware.
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.).
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to drive a car – occasionally.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.