Student Success Coach
|Job Title:||Student Success Coach|
|Reports To:||Director of Title V|
The Student Success Coach is a full-time, twelve-month professional position, and a member of Department of Student Success & Advising staff reporting to the Director of First Year Success (Title V). This position is a Title V federal grant funded position. The Student Success Coach’s primary responsibilities include serving as an academic advisor and a first point of contact for a cohort of College of Science & Engineering (COSE) students. In addition, the Student Success Coach assists in general student support management, academic advising, conducting individual academic interventions, generating reports, planning and executing programmatic outreach events, working with students, and other constituent groups throughout the University.
- Serve as the Success Coach and Academic Advisor to a cohort of College of Science and Engineering students.
- Provide support through one-to-one, small group, and large group meetings, programming and other outreach to program participants.
- Assist with programmatic planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Conduct student academic interventions as needed.
- Co-create and distribute communications to program participants.
- Provide a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and service excellence.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with faculty members from the College of Science and Engineering.
- Collaborate with the College of Science & Engineering on student success-related events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Exhibit an active Christian faith with church membership and involvement.
- Commitment to the ministry and mission of Houston Baptist University.
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks with the ability to maintain priorities and to function with interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Educational background in science, engineering, and/or math strongly preferred.
- Experience and passion for working with Hispanic, low-income, and First-Generation College Students.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits program for full time staff, including medical/ dental/ vision coverage, retirement, life insurance and vacation. The University family shares an active Christian faith and as a staff member, the individual is expected to support this belief.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.