Executive Assistant to the Provost
|Job Title:||Executive Assistant to the Provost|
|Departments:||Office of the Provost|
|Reports To:||Acting Provost|
Under limited supervision, coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, fiscal and program support activities for the Provost and the larger Academic Affairs unit as needed. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues. Develops and manages all formal records and archives for the Office of the Provost. Provide specialist services in the areas of budget and fiscal management, public and community relations and general business administration.
- Organizes, facilitates, and follows up on issues related to the division, as required.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; may assist in developing policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support in areas such as, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving including planning, developing, and implementing projects and programs.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Creates, composes, and edits technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Coordinates fiscal activities and maintains accounts for the Office of the Provost.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Leads and guides the work of staff and/or student employees, as appropriate; may participate in training and evaluative sessions.
- Serves as a member of the Deans council and is an active participant in development of the Provost’s Office annual budget and strategic plan.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This position includes supervision of administrative assistants and student workers and may include others as assigned for specific tasks and projects.
Education/experience: 4-years degree required (masters degree preferred), prior relevant experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills; i.e., the ability to communicate effectively verbally and through written correspondence as well as in communicating with individuals in one-on-one situations.
- Requires a precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the correct usage of the English language. Must be adept at consistently multitasking while accurately attending to detail.
- Information research skills.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Project management skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work directly and professionally with Deans, Executive Council, alumni, donors, board members, and other stakeholders
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.