Director of Science Labs
|Job Title:||Director of Science Labs|
|Reports To:||Dean of the College of Science and Engineering|
The Director of Science Labs supports the students and faculty of the College of Science and Engineering by specifying, developing, calibrating, and maintaining science laboratory equipment, supplies, storage, and safety, which enable active learning, primarily in science and mathematics.
- Define, implement, and maintain programs for safety, maintenance, inventory, calibration, and training
- Specify, assemble, install, operate, and maintain a broad range of science equipment and instrumentation used in:
- Biology and biochemistry labs
- Chemistry labs
- Physics labs
- Computer lab equipment
- Directly supervise and train students in the use of equipment, instrumentation and software applications
- Cost, order, receive, organize and maintain a broad range of supplies (hardware, chemicals, biologicals, etc.)
- Design and implement strategies for improving the learning environment for STEM students
- Assist in advising incoming COSE freshmen and in improving advising procedures for all COSE students
- Assist with management of a summer enrichment program or summer bridge for COSE students
- Collaborate with the Department of Student Success and Advising on academic advising and other initiatives that directly affect student persistence and timely graduation
- BS in a STEM field (biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering
- A strong academic record in STEM subjects
- Good laboratory analytical skills
- Ability to represent college in professional and community activities
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.