Director of Human Resources
|Job Title:||Director of Human Resources|
|Reports To:||Director of Accounting|
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for developing all areas of Human Resources with emphasis in the employment and training functions with the Office of Human Resources. This individual will research, develop, interpret and administer human resources policies and procedures. Stays current and complies with local, state and federal legislation affecting public sector law. Helps oversee and provides counsel and assistance regarding employee relations and organizational matters including; performance evaluations, corrective actions, grievance investigations and organizational structures. Serves as a technical resource and provides assistance to administrators, deans, directors and supervisors. Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop organizational and professional development training for leadership, faculty and staff.
- Work well as a member of the human resource team, design and implement program improvements and be dedicated to providing outstanding service to the university community.
- Provide employee orientations, employee classification direction, compensation direction, benefits and salary administration.
- Manage employee relations and compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Develop policies, procedures and protocols necessary to support employees and enhance their work experience.
- Administer all aspects of the employee benefits programs.
- Analyze coverage and utilization along with recommending plan design changes.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Benefits Committee.
- Provide guidance and oversight in the areas of employee evaluation and performance appraisals.
- Responsible for providing strategic input to promote positive employee relations through communication, training, coaching and conflict resolution.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring compliance with legislative regulations and retirement plans.
- Responsible for oversight of the budget for the Human Resources department.
- Compile and prepare a variety of reports and analyses reflecting various personnel and/or payroll data as requested.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate personnel records
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-7 years of experience in the HR field.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use the Microsoft office suite of products.
- Master’s Degree (or pursuing) in Human Resource Management.
- Experience in tracking employee data using a large ERP system.
- Experience in Higher Education.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.