Coordinator for Student Involvement: Second Year and Transfer Engagement
|Job Title:||Coordinator for Student Involvement: Second Year and Transfer Engagement|
|Reports To:||Director of Student Involvement and Leadership|
This position is full-time staff position within the Student Life Department that is responsible for helping foster a culture of student involvement and engagement through discipleship and community building specifically with the second year and transfer student population.
- Facilitate social and academic integration of transfer students to support student engagement and success that creates a smooth transition to HBU
- Create a culture with second year and transfer students to develop discipleship and spiritual growth educational, financial, and social/community engagement as key components of HBU success
- Ensure that students develop an understanding of the university’s curriculum, structure, and policies that serve as a foundation for optimizing their time at HBU
- Participate in the planning of targeted programming primarily, but not limited to, second year students, transfer students, parent and family association (orientation, family weekend, newsletter), and other opportunities
- Partner with the offices of Student Involvement and Kaleo Discipleship to further develop the second year and transfer experience in discipleship and social engagement
- Recruit and hire Sophomore and Transfer Mentors according to the HBU leadership process
- Supervise and develop selected student leaders in targeted sophomore and transfer programming, discipleship and community engagement.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Director of Student Involvement and Leadership and the Director of Discipleship.
- Participate in the life of the campus through partnering with other Student Life and university departments as position requires
- Work in collaboration with the Director for Discipleship to develop discipleship opportunities specifically designed for sophomore and transfer students
- Establish communication strategies that will benefit sophomore and transfer students
- Meet regularly with the Student Involvement team to assess, plan, and promote campus wide engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required. A Master’s degree in Higher Education other related fields is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team
- Experience working with university students including those with at-risk indicators
- Understand student development theory specifically in the areas of second year and transfer student needs and engagement
- Work to further the university’s vision as stated in the “Ten Pillars”
- Be available for night and weekend programming
- Understand how to manage auxiliary budgets to achieve desired results
- Exhibit an active Christian faith
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.