Clinical Placement Coordinator
|Job Title:||Clinical Placement Coordinator|
|Position Number:||FT-PROF-SONAH- 01082021|
|Departments:||School of Nursing and Allied Health|
|Reports To:||Associate Dean School of Nursing & Allied Health; Department Chairs SNAH|
The Clinical Agency Coordinator is responsible for the administrative processes necessary for undergraduate and graduate nursing and kinesiology student placement in clinical and internship settings based on the programs’ needs and in consultation with SNAH faculty.
- Supporting MSN students by (with faculty oversight):
- Assisting students who need help finding clinical placements
- Answering questions (via email) about clinical requirements/ necessary documentation
- Updating students on clinical approvals/ status
- Notifying students when clinical site and preceptor information have been entered into Typhon
- Maintaining accurate and up to date Pre-Check records
- Support BSN students by (with faculty oversight):
- Entering required clinicals into CCPS
- Representing HBU at clinical match days
- Assigning students to clinical groups
- Coordinating and completion of clinical paperwork
- Maintaining accurate and up to date Castle Branch records
- Support Kinesiology students (with faculty oversight):
- Maintaining affiliation agreements
- Assisting with internship placements
- Represents Dean and SNAH administration at clinical agency meetings
- Establishing and maintaining affiliation agreements with facilities
- Cultivating relationships with businesses, clinics and hospitals to continue clinical and internship placements in the future
- Maintaining and updating clinical tracker and Typhon system with student, clinical site and preceptor information
- Developing a more extensive tracker to monitor preceptor and clinical site requirement status for current and incoming students
- Reviewing and verifying required documents
- Organizing and gathering student, clinical site and preceptor documentation from students
- Perform any related duties as directed by the Dean, Associate Dean, Graduate Director, and Department Chairs.
- Active, unencumbered Texas nursing license, RN preferred, LVN accepted. Non nurse with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered
- Personable, professional demeanor
- Able to attend off-site meetings with clinical agencies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and able to master other computer systems and applications relevant to HBU operations and clinical placements
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.