Bradshaw Fitness Center Front Desk Receptionist
|Job Title:||Bradshaw Fitness Center Front Desk Receptionist|
|Departments:||Bradshaw Fitness Center|
|Reports To:||Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Membership Services|
This is an AM shift position. Hours are Monday – Friday 4:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
Customer Service: provide exceptional customer service and display proficient skills in communicating by phone, email and face to face encounters with prospects, members, staff, and faculty is key for this position.
Scheduling & Training: Create and monitor Front Desk Monthly Schedule and efficient handle all issues that arise in scheduling. Conducts training sessions advising/training students regarding equipment, processes and other facility information.
Information dissemination: Concisely relays the best financial options concerning relevant membership issues. Additionally, relays facility changes and messages to the members, prospects, students, staff and faculty. Inform members and guests of fitness center offerings, upcoming events, room locations and amenities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Fitness Center operations, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be asked to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc.
- Create and maintain Front Desk Monthly Schedule.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously within 3 rings, direct calls to appropriate areas and/or take messages and/or deliver messages as necessary.
- Greet and direct members and guests to their destination
- Be outgoing and friendly, and act as an extension of the Membership department in obtaining prospective member referrals
- Be knowledgeable of the following:
- All fitness center activities, hours of operation, and all programs
- All fitness center technology features such as (CSI program, excel and outlook)
- Directions to all areas of the Fitness Center
- Guest Policies
- Basic membership information including how to describe and define our Fitness Center
- Upcoming Programs and what they are about
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of work area
- Exhibit an active Christian faith.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Prior experience with word processing software (MS Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with front-office/telephone reception duties preferred
- Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and non- verbal
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.