Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment
|Job Title:||Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment|
|Reports To:||Director of Recruitment|
Serves as a member of the Enrollment Management team. This position recruits and evaluates freshmen and transfer applicants to support enrollment goals. The Assistant Director of Admissions & Recruitment collaborates with the Director or Recruitment and Director of Admissions on strategy related to achieving enrollment goals. Exercises discretion in the review of confidential admission materials. This role plans and implements strategic recruitment practices, both long-term and short-term, to achieve university undergraduate enrollment objectives. Manages a specific program or administrative function for student recruitment. This position provides detailed and nuanced counseling to students, families, counselors, and alumni.
ADMISSIONS & RECRUITMENT:
- Manage a geographic territory. Plan and execute recruitment activities to meet University enrollment goals and University strategic plan. Develop, implement and assess strategic recruitment by targeting schools, programs, and students within territory. Build and maintain productive working relationships with college counselors and community-based organizations to establish a successful recruitment campaign.
- Conduct outreach campaigns that include scheduling visits to secondary schools and community-based organizations; organizing large-scale recruitment events such as hotel programs; and emailing prospective students and families.
- Track, evaluate and report relevant recruitment statistics.
- Organize high school visits, college nights, on-campus events and other strategic recruitment events. Answer student/family queries by phone, email, and in person. Liaise with other campus offices to meet recruitment goals.
- Develop thorough written recruitment plans, including weekly, monthly and yearly follow-up reports.
- Supervise & provide direction, feedback and coaching for all Admissions Counselors and their recruitment efforts; develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance and evaluate recruitment strategies.
- Represent the Office of Admissions at HBU functions and events both on and off campus, as well as assist in the coordination of various constituent activities.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and executing external communication strategies for Enrollment Management. This could involve delivering presentations on behalf of the University on occasion.
- Serve on University, campus, and departmental committees/teams as required. Collaboration with other departments as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Interviewing and hiring a team of current HBU students to serve as tele-counselors as well as providing on-going training, management and oversight of this team. Coordinates and supervises the efforts of the Student Admissions Tele-counseling Team responsible for calling prospective students and their families on behalf of the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Determines efficient calling plans for execution by telecounseling staff that aligns with recruitment strategies. Tracks and reports on success/outcomes of each plan.
- Monitor data integrity of enrollment management systems (primarily in the tele-counseling call center) and notify appropriate personnel of data impairments.
- Coordinates prospective student outreach initiatives with the Office of Alumni Relations to involve more HBU alumni in efforts to recruit students.
- Develop internal user guides and instruction manuals to support enrollment management systems and recruitment strategies.
- Supervision of staff, directly supervises 6 staff positions, directs and supervises workload of Admissions Counselors. Coordinate leave, evaluation of staff, interview and recommend hire decisions.
- Supervision of student staff, directly supervises 20 tele-counselors. Coordinate leave, evaluation of staff, interview and recommend hire decisions.
- Competency with database management tools in Admissions such as SLATE (Microsoft Dynamic CRM), Argos Reporting tool and Ellucian Banner ERP.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, plus at least 3-4 years of relevant experience in admissions & recruitment and/or related area. This includes the management of a recruitment territory.
- Relevant work experience in sales, marketing, promotions and higher education
- Knowledge of student recruitment methods.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data.
- Supervisory/leadership experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise.
- Ability to lead/teach and mentor others: work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to reason/analyze; maintain confidentiality; and demonstrate patience, understanding.
- Ability to show initiative; organize workflow; manage one or more projects; and handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to drive/travel to conferences, college fairs, high schools, churches, and other college & outreach events.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to drive a car – occasionally.
- Flexibility in working hours required, including a variety of evening and weekend schedules during the year
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.