Assistant Athletic Trainer
|Job Title:||Assistant Athletic Trainer|
|Reports To:||Head Athletic Trainer|
Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the management and administration of the HBU athletic training program, and all associated staff. Provide care for all HBU student-athletes within a Christian university setting in order to maintain the highest level of participation.
- Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the HBU community and with the public.
- Implement strategies for the prevention of athletic injuries.
- Maintain and coordinate athletic training care for athletes.
- Maintain medical records.
- Advise coaches and athletes on training and conditioning programs, as well as safety, health, and overall wellbeing of the student-athletes.
- Establish and supervise non-surgical and surgical rehabilitation.
- Determination of injured athlete’s availability for re-entry into participation.
- Evaluate progress of injured athletes daily.
- Shares responsibility for instruction and preparation of athletic training students for licensure and assists with guidance and leadership of graduate assistant athletic trainers.
- Assist with P.E.D. and recreational drug screening of student athletes.
- Must satisfy CEU requirement for licensure. Must keep abreast of current athletic training room procedures.
- Travel with teams. May require considerable weekend travel.
- Other duties as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the head athletic trainer with monthly inventory of athletic supplies and other administrative duties as defined by the head athletic trainer.
- Manage equipment purchases of athletic training room needs.
- Must comply with all conference and NCAA rules and regulations, as well as all HIPPA guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills: Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s preferred. Current Texas licensure or eligibility required. NATA certification preferred. Secondary and/or collegiate full-time employment experience as an athletic trainer preferred. Must be able to travel nights and weekends. Must be able to work 40 plus hours per week as schedule demands.
Fiscal Responsibility: none
Physical Demands: Some heavy lifting required. Must be able to climb stairs. Must be able to operate all equipment within the athletic training room.
Working Conditions and Environment: Travel with teams as schedule demands. Ability to stand when working modalities. Ability to work outside at sporting events in all weather conditions.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.