Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor of Biology
|Job Title:||Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor of Biology|
|Departments:||College of Science and Engineering|
|Reports To:||Dean, College of Science and Engineering|
The Department of Biology is currently seeking a faculty member who is passionate about teaching and mentoring students in a Christian work environment. Houston Baptist University seeks one full-time faculty member in biology. Candidates should be available to begin work in Fall of 2021 or later. Rank will be commensurate with qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level, including core Biology courses and upper-level specialty courses.
- Assist in departmental activities including, but not limited to, curriculum development, student advising and mentoring, program assessment, and committee work.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and the ability to direct undergraduate research projects
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. in Biology from an accredited institution of higher education. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Knowledge of the current practices and research pertaining to innovative undergraduate curricula, and
- Commitment to quality teaching in a Christian university.
- Willing to shepherd undergraduates in research experiences and to be involved in the larger scientific and research community.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating classroom experiences for students in the designated biological content area as per University policy.
- Documentation of an excellent teaching record and evidence of scholarly interests and achievements.
The successful candidate will also be able to articulate a vision for the role of his or her discipline at HBU that is supportive of the Ten Pillars Vision statement; the Ten Pillars vision statement may be found at www.hbu.edu/tenpillars.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian liberal arts institution with a diverse student body and access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country. For more information about the University and the Department of Biology, visit www.hbu.edu.
The College of Science and Engineering at HBU
The vision of the College of Science and Engineering at HBU is to be the best college in the world known for integrating fundamental principles of engineering, science and mathematics (STEM); with modern computing and information technology (IT), and historic Christian values and standards (Faith). Graduates of the school will meet engineering and computing needs of the 21st century and distinguish themselves by exhibiting the highest ethical standards.
Additional information on the College is available at www.hbu.edu/cose.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.