Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science or Cyber Engineering
|Job Title:||Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science or Cyber Engineering|
|Departments:||College of Science and Engineering|
|Reports To:||Dean, College of Science and Engineering|
This is a full-time, faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate or Full Professor, beginning Fall 2021 or later. The position offers a unique opportunity to provide leadership in building an innovative engineering program and the prominence of the new College of Science and Engineering and of the University.
- Develop and implement project-based fundamental and advanced courses;
- Design and teach courses and labs in computer science or cyber engineering;
- Engage in student advising, student organizations, assessment and accreditation activities, and committee responsibilities.
- Participate in professional development of students and maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. in Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Experience developing and teaching project-based curricula;
- Knowledge of the current practices and research pertaining to innovative undergraduate curricula, and
- Commitment to quality teaching in a Christian university.
- Background in cybersecurity practice, network security, or information management is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry best practices, and of cyber security design and engineering, is also desired.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian institution with a diverse student body and access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country. As a result of implementing its twelve-year vision, The Ten Pillars: Faith and Reason in a Great City, HBU is on a trajectory to become a comprehensive, national university. For more information about the University, visit www.hbu.edu.
The College of Science and Engineering at HBU
The vision of the College of Science and Engineering at HBU is to be the best college in the world known for integrating fundamental principles of engineering, science and mathematics (STEM); with modern computing and information technology (IT), and historic Christian values and standards (Faith). Graduates of the school will meet engineering and computing needs of the 21st century and distinguish themselves by exhibiting the highest ethical standards.
Additional information on the College is available at www.hbu.edu/cose.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.