Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Chemistry
|Job Title:||Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Chemistry|
|Departments:||College of Science and Engineering|
|Reports To:||Dean, College of Science and Engineering|
The Department of Chemistry at Houston Baptist University seeks a full-time faculty member who treasures college teaching and finds it to be valuable, fulfilling work. Candidates must be eager to foster student learning in a Christian work environment. Candidates must be able to teach introductory chemistry lectures and labs, general chemistry lectures and labs, and other undergraduate lecture and lab courses in their area of specialty. Candidates must be prepared to mentor undergraduate research projects utilizing instrumentation available in the department. Candidates will also participate in departmental activities including, but not limited to, curriculum development, student academic advising, advising of student organizations, up keep of chemistry laboratories, committee work, and program assessment. Candidates should be available to begin work in Fall 2021 or later. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Prepared to develop and teach courses at all levels of chemistry.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating classroom and laboratory experiences for students in chemistry content areas as per University policy.
- Develop and mentor undergraduate research projects.
- Expected to give service to students as an academic advisor and will maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
Candidates should have completed a Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in the use of instructional technology.
- Committed to quality teaching in a Christian liberal arts university.
- Provide documentation of an excellent teaching record.
- Provide evidence of scholarship.
- Provide evidence of capacities for service to students, the University, and the community.
- Provide feasible ideas for undergraduate research projects.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian institution with a diverse student body and access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country. As a result of implementing its twelve-year vision, The Ten Pillars: Faith and Reason in a Great City, HBU is on a trajectory to become a comprehensive, national university. For more information about the University, visit www.hbu.edu.
The College of Science and Engineering at HBU
The vision of the College of Science and Engineering at HBU is to be the best college in the world known for integrating fundamental principles of engineering, science and mathematics (STEM); with modern computing and information technology (IT), and historic Christian values and standards (Faith). Graduates of the school will meet engineering and computing needs of the 21st century and distinguish themselves by exhibiting the highest ethical standards.
Additional information on the College is available at www.hbu.edu/cose.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.