Administrative Assistant to VP of Enrollment
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant to VP of Enrollment|
|Reports To:||Vice President of Enrollment Management|
Provides administrative support to the VP of Enrollment Management and the department. Responsible for oversight of business operations and budgeting procedures, management of all invoices and billings and budget oversight for the department of Enrollment Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support for the Vice President of Enrollment Management in daily operations of the department
- Manages the daily business operations of the Enrollment Management department.
- Ensures that the business and financial guidelines of the department are in full compliance with the university.
- Oversees the monthly reconciliation of accounts, maintains income and expense records, and prepares monthly financial reports.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual departmental budget and prepares the preparation of purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Processes travel statements/credit card purchases, helps develop and implement internal departmental travel policies.
- Serves as departmental liaison with financial, human resources and other service departments.
- Represents the department at university business administrator meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May oversee other hourly employees and/or student workers with the business area.
- A four-year college or university degree (Bachelor’s Degree) is required.
3-4 years of prior experience in business processes, and supervisory experience are preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-initiate projects, while also being effective in working in a collaborative fashion.
- Ability to learn and use specific business software and hardware.
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.).
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to drive a car – occasionally.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.