Administrative Assistant to the Dean-College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant to the Dean-College of Education and Behavioral Sciences|
|Departments:||College of Education and Behavioral Sciences|
|Reports To:||Dean, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences|
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing administrative, secretarial and general office functions for the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, and working with the Dean to ensure that all necessary processes and tasks are being completed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Greet visitors/guests/students in a courteous and professional manner, determines their needs and either provides the appropriate information or directs them to the appropriate person or department
- Provide assistance to faculty in regards to departmental and university procedures and policies
- Maintain and keep accurate records of student paperwork
- Collect and route all university-wide documentation (i.e. final grades, class rosters, etc.)
- Input and update information in the university database to create courses, assign advisors, and perform other tasks as needed
- Reviews content of COEBS web pages; updates to assure information reflects current marketing message, policies and practices, makes revisions to ensure accuracy and optimal delivery of information
- Provide a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants for Doctoral programs and Undergraduate Education programs. Gather information on inquiries and input into databases for mailings and communications. Educate prospective students regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain filing system which keeps up with all significant events in the student’s tenure, including advising and enrollment
- Assist dean and faculty in recruitment of new students
- Prepare recruiting materials for various events
- Coordinate with faculty members to provide coverage and attendance at university events
- Correspond with adjunct and full-time faculty members regarding departmental deadlines, policies and events
- Maintain and order all office supplies
- Supervise and manage work distribution for department student workers
- All other duties as assigned by the dean
College degree preferred, High School diploma / GED equivalent, with a minimum of two year of general secretarial/clerical experience will be considered. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Must be computer literate, especially in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Possess skill and knowledge of Banner, Argos, and Recruiter
- Ability to use office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Self-reliant, decisive, proactive, enthusiastic, and make a positive impression on others.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.