Adjunct Professor – Christian Counseling
|Job Title:||Adjunct Professor – Christian Counseling|
|Departments:||College of Education and Behavioral Sciences|
|Reports To:||Dean, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences|
Houston Baptist University (HBU) announces an Adjunct Faculty position in Christian Counseling. The Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling is part of the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. The Department houses the Master of Arts degrees in Counseling and Christian Counseling (residential and online), as well as School Counseling, Educational Administration (residential and online), Higher Education Administration, and the Doctor of Education in Executive Educational Leadership.
Strong preparation for teaching graduate level clinical courses that integrate Christianity and psychology/counseling is required. Candidates must hold the Licensed Professional Counselor and/or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist credentials; LPC-S and/or LMFT-S is preferred. The successful candidate is expected to teach primarily in the Counseling and Christian Counseling programs; online teaching will be expected.
The successful candidate will:
- have completed a doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program (or have a related doctoral degree and have been a full time faculty member in a counselor education program since 2012 or earlier)
- have educational background and experience in Christian or Pastoral Counseling (e.g., D.Min, M.Div, related degree)
- be licensed as a Professional Counselor or Marriage & Family Therapist in Texas (or have commensurate licensure in another state and be license-eligible in Texas)
- LPC-Supervisor, LMFT-Supervisor preferred
- Identify with the counseling profession through licensure, professional development, membership in relevant associations, research/scholarly activity/service in the counseling profession
- Have experience with teaching online classes
Houston Baptist University is a Christian liberal arts university dedicated to the development of moral character, the enrichment of spiritual lives, and perpetuation of growth in Christian ideals. HBU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should complete the online application and send a vita along with three letters of recommendation from professional references.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.