Adjunct Professor – Biology
|Job Title:||Adjunct Professor – Biology|
|Departments:||Department of Biology|
|Reports To:||Chair, Department of Biology|
The Department of Biology is currently seeking adjunct faculty who are passionate about teaching and student learning in a Christian work environment. The College offers both daytime and evening adjunctopportunities.
Adjunct faculty members are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the University. HBU accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them
- in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submits paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Department chair will evaluate adjunct faculty upon completion of course.
- In addition, adjunct faculty members are required to be available to students outside of the classroom.
Applicants should have a minimum of a master’s degree in biology with at least 18 graduate semester hours in biology. A
completed doctorate in biology and a demonstrated record of quality teaching is preferred. We are currently seeking faculty who can teach lecture and laboratory in introductory biology, introductory microbiology, anatomy and physiology, and general biology.
The University is in the process of implementing its Ten Pillars vision (hbu.edu/tenpillars) and anticipates significant growth in enrollment and programs. The successful candidate will also be able to articulate a vision for the role of his or her discipline at HBU that is supportive of the Ten Pillars vision statement.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian liberal arts institution with a diverse student body and access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country.
HBU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Questions regarding the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.