Adjunct Professor- Academy, Professor of History
|Job Title:||Adjunct Professor- Academy, Professor of History|
|Reports To:||Dean, School of Humanities|
Houston Baptist University seeks Adjunct Professor to join the Academy with the ability to teach in the discipline of history or other disciplines.
Utilize a course syllabus for each course and follow established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Lead Socratic discussions.
- Provide timely, quality access to students via personal consultation, electronic communication, and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluate students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submit paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Report to the Director of the Academy
Applicants should have an MA or PhD in their discipline. Candidates with teaching experience and demonstrated success in the classroom are encouraged to apply. Director will evaluate adjunct faculty during the semester and upon completion of course.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Adjunct needs change from semester to semester. Qualified applicants may be contacted in the future as needs arise.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.