All week, I’ve been trying to figure out how to put into words the magnitude of what God has shown me this week, but it hasn’t been too successful. So, I’m just going pass on little snippets of just some of the realities He has shown me!
1. God loves you. It doesn’t matter what you have (or haven’t) done. Nothing can disqualify you from God’s love (Romans 5:8)
2. You are beautiful. Society’s definition of beautiful is a lot narrower than God’s. But since we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14), we have no need to answer to what the world says is beautiful. Instead, focusing on pleasing God with our temples (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) can be top priority.
3. Trust is key to any relationship. Any relationship- whether it’s between family, friends, or significant others- requires trust. The same goes for our relationship with Christ. Although it can be difficult to do, trusting in God helps us grow in our relationship with our Heavenly Father (Proverbs 3:5-6).
4. Patience is not always about standing still, but about moving in God’s time. I am super impatient at times, so the more I grow in my faith, the more hesitant I am about making rash decisions. However, there are times where God is telling us to move! So, if you’re like me, be sure to listen to God’ when He says to slow down and when He says move (Psalm 32:8).
5. God has a plan. One reason that we can put our trust in God is simply because He knows what He’s doing, and He knows what each of us needs. For me personally, I still don’t know why God has guided me to get my degree in music, but I have peace in knowing that He knows the plans that He has for me (Jeremiah 29:11).
All in all, this week has been jam-packed with situations and circumstances that require me to remember the above. He has used so many people in my life to confirm His words to me; it’s insane! I thank God for His diligence in helping me understand Him better, and because of that, I have no doubt that with God, all things are possible.